Sunday, December 31, 2017

Time

First of all, my apologies for neglecting my customary every-other-week posting; I was gone for most of the day yesterday and didn't have access to a computer. That being said, here is this week's post (a day late), about the New Year.


Time

The time is creeping
A new day dawning
The clock hand moving
A minute breaking

The year’s end nearing
A hope renewing
The people laughing
A song they’re singing

The old is fading
A newness growing
The lessons learning
A fresh beginning

The clock now striking
A crowd is cheering
The year commencing
And I am sleeping.





This New Year's Eve, in addition to sleeping, I plan to spend watching movies with my family, organizing my bookshelf, crocheting, and writing. How do you plan to welcome the new year? If you feel so inclined, feel free to comment your favorite holiday traditions on this post! I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts. In the meantime, happy New Year!

~Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment